This access statement does not contain personal options as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services we offer all our customers/visitors.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01665 830554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Car parking and arrival
The gallery is open daily 10-5.
There is parking on Foxton Road just outside the gallery. Street parking can get busy in Alnmouth. The beach car park is available to visitors and for £1.50 you can park all day there and take a 5 minute walk to the gallery.
Dogs and guide dogs.
All dogs are welcome at the gallery. We have dog bowls with fresh water available for dogs outside in the yard.
- We are lucky to have Alnmouth rail station close by. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from the station to the gallery, or about 5 minutes by car.
- Buses regularly come to the village from Alnwick.
- Newcastle airport is about 45 minutes drive from the gallery.
For wheelchair users, the gallery can be accessed via the ramped entrance at the rear of the building on Foxton Road. The ramp has a grab rail to the side. The width of the doorway is about 100cms/ 1 metre. The corridor that leads to the gallery is quite narrow and would not be suitable for motorised or larger wheelchairs. Please note, there is a step up into the gallery, measuring 18cms and a further doorway in measuring 79cms. We are happy to help customers access the gallery – please ring in advance if you need assistance.
- Main Entrance and Galleries
- The gallery entrance is down 6 steps with a 10 metre walk across the yard to get to 8 steps up to the gallery front door. There is a hand rail up the main steps.
- There is a further step up into the gallery measuring 19cms. The doorway measures 109cms.
- The gallery rooms are all on one level.
- The main gallery rooms are lit by bright overhead lights.
- Baby buggies are permitted in the gallery. Please note we do not have any baby change facilities.
- The toilets are at the rear of the main gallery and accessed by a step down into the back corridor. There is currently no disabled toilet.
We are a small business with lovely staff who are here to help our cutomers and ensure that your visit to the gallery is enjoyable.